First, he told Brian to take Dylan out of the room and he was not allowed to come back for future testing. OK, that rubbed me the wrong way b/c there is a tactful way to say that and a wrong way and this guy defininely picked the wrong way. Plus, Brian was not there when the doctor was confirming everything.
Almost right after Brian left, he told me that since I was a "High Risk Geriatric Pregnancy", that I needed to talk with genetic counselor when I was done. He was really looking at Baby's nose and telling me that it was small and such, but wouldn't tell me the measurement.
The genetic counselor almost instantly suggested that I get an amnio b/c of my age. She went over family history and such and was pleased that in over 150 people on my side that there were no major health problems or birth defects. Same with Brian's side of the family.
The doctor didn't talk to me before I left, so he calls a 6pm, after we tell our parents the good news and he tells me that b/c the baby's nose is SMALL that it increases my chances (still less than 2%) and I should really think about an amnio.
I go out and talk to Brian about this new bit of info and he is beside himself with worry now thinking the baby has problems and I must get an amnio. So I talk him down a bit and tell him that I will make an appointment w/ UCI and get another opinion and we'll go from there, but with the nuchal and blood tests coming back good, I think the baby is just fine.
Then I go and start looking online and it is not a small nose, but NO nose that is a sign of problems
:(" border="0"> I feel like they are working me b/c of my age to get an amnio so they get more $$ in their pocket. I am really annoyed right now!It took 2 days to get in touch with the right person at the lab, but he told me that they do not have a calculation for small nose and that the doctor would have had to tell them Baby had no nose... so he did in fact lie.
:(" border="0"> Thanks for a sleepless night and making a preggo woman totally stress out.
No comments:
Post a Comment